Monday, June 17, 2019

Day 6: Back in the USA

We knew today would just be a day of driving and were ready to be back in the US.  Canada is always nice and clean, the people are friendly, and its a great place to visit; we were just ready to be back.  You eventually get tired of km/h, km to your destination, liters of fuel, bad radio reception, no cell phone service, etc...

We started a little later this morning because Jenn and Sadie wanted to swim.  The hotel had a waterslide and Jenn was going to swim or bust.  Neither Jenn nor Sadie went down the waterslide, but I put Sadie on the bottom and she enjoyed sliding down the last bit at the bottom.  Dad tried to get a picture, but someone came down right as he walked by and completely soaked him.  We all had a great laugh at his expense. 

After dad cleaned up and we were all packed we hit the road again.  We made it to the border a little later than we hoped and we were starved.  We got rid of the last of our fruits and veggies before we crossed, so we didn't have a lot for a picnic.  After we crossed back into the US, we went on to Shelby Montana for lunch at a Subway. 

Our destination was to be Great Falls Montana at the Super 8.  I went into check-in to find they had no reservation under my name.  I went back through my email and discovered I'd reserved for the previous night!  I have never been so happy that I screwed up!  This hotel was ROUGH looking and after seeing it, I'm not sure I wouldn't have gone on anyway.  We loaded back up, made a stop for gas, then were on our way!

We regrouped and decided to head on to get closer to Yellowstone and came on down to Billings Montana.  Since it was Fathers day, we went to the Texas Roadhouse for supper and most had steaks.  We stayed next door at the Springhills suits (which was awesome)!  Sadie loved the room and insisted on sleeping on the couch, that means Sarah and I each got a queen bed to ourselves.  We love each other, but when you're used to sleeping in a King sized bed, it's hard for two people to sleep well in a queen. 

No comments: