Sunday, June 23, 2019

Day 13: To Denver

We elected to drive the fastest route to Denver in order to get our rental car back in time.  I'd hoped to take a more scenic route through Ouray and the Eisenhower tunnels, but due to the car rental time, I agreed the faster route is best. 

Not a lot of significant things to report about today.  We ate lunch in Fairplay Colorado at a Subway today which brings me to my promised rant...

Colorado has gone to pot...  Every town, no matter how small, has its own recreational marijuana dispensary now.  You can spot the green cross logo (think red cross logo, except with a green cross) on some building in each town.  Let's be clear... Everyone is entitled to their opinion on the legalization of pot, the pros, and cons, the good and bad.  It became comical to see the potheads, and I truly mean potheads, in both Durango and in Fairplay.  These kids (21+) work at the fast food places and honestly couldn't get your order right if they had to.  It was ridiculous.  I may post again later about this with some specific stories...  Long story short, Durango is not a place I want to spend time with my family anymore.  I can't recommend the town other than to ride the train. 

We made it to Denver around 3pm, checked into our hotel, and emptied our rental car.  Dad and I went and filled it up with fuel, cleaned it, and took it back.  We were back to the hotel by 5pm.  We ate a Ruby Tuesday then off to bed for an early flight back to Atlanta. 


No comments: